Friday, September 29, 2006

Water Cooler Conspiracy

I am convinced that in a very suttle, passive aggressive way, my officemates are trying to get me to gain weight. Goodbye raw foods hello homemade. I just went to get a glass of water and the enablers are hanging out over there talking about the Survivor episode from last night and eating a fresh pan of brownies. Yesterday, they had a box of chocolates. Two days before that, one of them came into the office after lunch with a steaming tray of cookies, fresh out of the oven. These people are killing me. Every time I go over there they immediately are like "oh you got to try this" or "she made these special".

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine complains that she is craving sugar all the time because they keep having birthday parties at the office. You have to have that obligatory piece of cake to be nice cause if you don't then you leave everyone with the impression that you don't like them. Dilema!!

So for my force feeding, sweet tooth co-workers here is my plan of attack. Think I am going to have to go with diabetes. Yeah, I'm fit as a fiddle and don't have diabetes, but what they don't know, will make them back off. If anything maybe they will start bringing me orange juice and I can convienently have some sweets when my "sugar is low" if I ever need to break my diet for a bit.

1 comment:

Mrs. Ca said...

Thank goodness I don't have that problem too often here. Although there are the weekly bagels which I always forget about and therefore I eat two breakfasts on Wednesdays. Oops!

Links