Friday, March 17, 2006

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling...

In praise of St. Patrick's Day, thought I'd share a joke as well as a couple old Irish sayings. Hope you all enjoy your green eggs and ham and get your fill of green beer as you spend your day as an honorary Irish person. By the way, if you even think about pinching me, don't. I will hurt you.
_______________________________________________________

Two Irishmen, Patrick Murphy and Shawn O'Brian grew up together and were lifelong friends. But alas, Patrick developed cancer, and was dying. While on his deathbed, Patrick called to his buddy, Shawn, "O'Brian, come 'ere. I 'ave a request for ye."

Shawn walked to his friend's bedside and kneels."Shawny ole boy, we've been friends all our lives, and now I'm leaving 'ere. I 'ave one last request fir ye to do."

O'Brian burst into tears, "Anything Patrick, anything ye wish. It's done.""Well, under me bed is a box containing a bottle of the finest whiskey in all of Ireland. Bottled the year I was born it was. After I die, and they plant me in the ground, I want you to pour that fine whiskey over me grave so it might soak into me bones and I'll be able to enjoy it for all eternity."

O'Brian was overcome by the beauty and in the true Irish spirit of his friend's request, he asked, "Aye, tis a fine thing you ask of me, and I will pour the whiskey. But, might I strain it through me kidneys first?"
__________________________________________________________

The truth comes out when the spirit goes in.

__________________________________________________________


Beagán agus a rá go maith.
Be (e as in echo) gawn og us uh rah go (as in going) mah.
Say little but say it well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Τhanks fог ѕharing your thoughts on
used line trucks for salе. Regards

Heге is mу weblog ... used altec bucket trucks for sale
my site > altec

Anonymous said...

Keep thіs going please, great job!

my ρagе - bucket truck sales

Anonymous said...

Нi, the whole thіng is going peгfeсtlу
here and οfcouгse every one іs sharing infоrmation,
that's in fact good, keep up writing.

my web-site ... tens therapy units

Links