Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Mr President, Have Pity on the Working Man...

Alright woman, but it's a good song either way. It also serves as my theme song as I vigorously figure out how much of my money Uncle Sam is going to pry from my grasp this year. One good thing about Bush's tax cuts is that I get a larger standard deducation, but unfotuneately a raise last fall kicked me up a few tax brackets so really I am not as far ahead of the curve as I would like. Figuring out taxes is a game for me. Every year I seem to find a new deduction that may apply to my situtation. This year is a little tougher though! I'm not putting my calculator yet. There has got to be something else I can claim....I came accross credits for adoption, senior citizens, tuition, yadda yaddah yaddah....Not much out there for this single, white woman with a steady job, good health, no debt and no kids. Bummer!

No comments:

Links