Thursday, October 26, 2006

Rain Out

Since I can't brag about the Tigers awesome win over St. Louis last night because Mother Nature had other plans, I will tell you a story of something that happened to me the other night that relates to baseball.

I was out grabbing a drink with this guy and the game was on the television. Inevitably we got talking about what team we are rooting for and of course he is a St. Louis fan while I am a Tigers girl. At first I thought he was trying to kid me because I knew he grew up in Detroit. He remembers going to the '84 World Series. But no joke, he wants the Tigers to lose. I couldn't believe it.

Where is the loyalty? Sense of pride in the Motor City? It's not like he even moved away. This guy lives in Rochester now. He was also unable to name any players on St. Louis so this guy's motto was basically, I hate the Tigers. Besides pissing me off, I came to the realization that he probably an idiot in other parts of his life and went on to discover just that as we debated. I will probably never see him again but its just as well, I have no respect especially when he drove a point he made home by taking a huge swallow of Mike's Hard Lemonade. Yeah!

It's not easy being a Michigan sports fan at times over the years....Lions, Tigers, Spartans...but then again our victories are that much sweeter!

Go Tigers!

1 comment:

Mrs. Ca said...

Yeah, he sounds like a real winner. You're not allowed to bring him to any birthday activities we may partake in, for sure.

Go Tigers!

Links