Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back from Hiatus

A hiatus isn't just for tv shows like Lost and Battlestar Gallactica and really smart professors.....shut up! Battlestar Gallactica is a good show! Watch it before you judge!

After watching the president's address last night, I decided that I too should check in with the people of the world, however I usually try to say something of substance if I say anything, else I'm wasting your time. As for George, nothing he said was surprising. I think it was a necessary speech to make to the public since we have only heard sound bites on CNN or the Daily Show (wherever you get your news) and the addition of 20,000 more troops in Iraq will be good though overdue. He at least left me with the impression that he is trying opposed to outright indifference which I wondered about at times. There is still the issue of how to get Iraq to stand on it's own and at what point does the US determine Iraq a lost cause and just pull out. As they say, only time will tell. As much as I am frustrated with this mess, I do have to give George props for telling leadership that if they want to come forward and oppose him, then they should offer their opinion of what should be done. It's easy to complain but to offer a clear strategy has yet to be done by the other side of the aisle. State of the Union here we come!

After finishing the year off on a low note...back injury, car issues, work craziness...etc. I learned a lesson. There is no such thing as karma. It seems we only think of karma only when plagued with bad luck. I was on a slippery slope and as much as I believed things would turn around, I couldn't right myself with the universe no matter what I threw over my shoulder or how many random acts of kindness I performed. Don't get me wrong, I still think what goes around comes around and eventually we all pay the piper, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah, but I also can say with certainty that that old t-shirt slogan is right. Sometimes shit just happens. Sorry to swear, but is there a better way of putting it?

Well, I am no longer hanging out in my mechanic's garage talking about Rolling Stone albums as we wait for car parts to arrive or laying in bed under heavy medicatation (though that wasn't all bad!). I am back on my feet. Haven't been able to pull out my tap shoes or run a few miles yet but well enough to celebrate Christams and the New Year. (That's me getting picked on on the right, a family tradition.) As you can tell we are a very jolly bunch.



My brother-in-law was missed. He is in Iraq still, We haven't been given a come home date yet, but my sister said that it is looking like the beginning of February. This picture was taken last September while he was out on a patrol. I found it the other day and it affects me a little differently now that Saddam is dead. History has happened. Be safe, Chris.
All for now. I have a feeling 2007 is going to be a year of change. Seems like everyone has something in the works. I for example have gotten on My Space...okay not a major thing or a good example but things are happening people. I will keep you posted. Until then, keep trucking.

No comments:

Links