Thursday, August 10, 2006

Its an "Emer'gen-C"


Has anyone ever heard of this so called cure for the common cold or flu. Today I had the pleasure. I am heading out of town tonight for a long weekend surviving the wilds of northern Michigan and woke up this morning with a head cold!!! Anyway, a co-worker swears by this stuff called “Emer’gen-C” so I decided at lunch to get some and see if it will kill whatever I got.

“Emer’gen-C” is a fizzy drink mix that boasts about being “an incredible energy booster”. Topping the supplement fact list is 1,000mg of Vitamin C and about every other vitamin or mineral I have ever heard of…yeah they don’t mess around. I mixed my first drink at 1pm and drank it down. My cold/sore throat symptoms have now subsided a little and now I feel, for lack of a better term, kind of high. The rush of nutrients literally shocks your system. It’s 3pm now and I just got over the rapid heart palpitations and nausea and my hands quit shaking, so I can now type. Next I think I may do yoga to find some equilibrium…I ran into my desk three times already!

While dealing with the crazy side effects I was at a firm wide meeting that involved about fifty people. Ever try explaining to your boss that you have the shakes because of a natural dietary supplement? Yeah, didn’t go over well. He shook his head and walked away. Perhaps I can coast through the rest of my afternoon though without interruptions.

Not sure if I am going to try another treatment. I imagine this stuff could get addictive if I’m not careful! I’m compare it to Jolt or Red Bull or that is contains natural supplements instead of pure caffeine.

Just breathe……
Links