Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Paris the Icon (not so fast!)

Today I read this article...yeah, got tired of reading about Israel so I looked for something lighter. Hotel heiress Paris Hilton has dubbed herself an icon and said she was on the same level as Marilyn Monroe and Princess Diana. I about lost it when I read this declaration from the wannabe warbler. While her popularity is certainly there, I think people are more interested in what dumb thing she is going to do next than how she feels about the AIDS epidemic (Princess Diana's personal mission) or brag about her string of box office success (oh wait, no one bothered going to see the movie she is in!).

The question is what have you contributed to become an icon? You are blonde and a size zero but you don't pride yourself in intelligence like Lady Di and you don't have the trademark blowing a kiss pose like Marilyn....if you think that dead-eye, vacant glare you give the cameras can equate to that, thus giving you an iconic trademark, I think we got problems.

Furthermore, the fact that you are a self-proclaimed icon really doesn't get you the respect. I mean be a bit humble, Paris. It's stunts like this that make you even more annoying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Links